Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
kxrxoxnxixc

Halo: Reach

20 posts in this topic

So my friend went out adn bought the whole spec. ed. version of the Halo Reach xbox bundle pack and I played the campaign today with him, The graphics are fuckin sweet, and the gameplay is legit. Far destroys Halo3, Halo Wars(gay), and Halo ODST. Definitely a must try if youre into halo, which most people with an XBox usually are (hasty generalization).

But I have not tried the online gameplay yet, I will update when I do...

(P.S. FUCKIN CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS COMES OUT IN NOVEMBER!!!!!!!!)

Black ops isn't going to be anywhere close to being as good as Modern Warfare 2. As for Reach, I've heard a lot of Halo people say they like it and a good amount say they don't.

So my friend went out adn bought the whole spec. ed. version of the Halo Reach xbox bundle pack and I played the campaign today with him, The graphics are fuckin sweet, and the gameplay is legit. Far destroys Halo3, Halo Wars(gay), and Halo ODST. Definitely a must try if youre into halo, which most people with an XBox usually are (hasty generalization).

But I have not tried the online gameplay yet, I will update when I do...

(P.S. FUCKIN CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS COMES OUT IN NOVEMBER!!!!!!!!)

personally, i think the battlefield series destroys modern warare

Battlefield series was insanely cheep in terms of gameplay, the guns felt soooo bad.

Halo Reach, huh?

I suppose it's cool if you're 13 or so, but in all honesty, it's like Modern Warfare for the kiddies.

I thought they weren't making Halo games anymore? Yanno, they said Halo 3 was it, and I was grateful that people would finally shut up about the medicore - AT BEST, Halo series.

Halo 3: "This is the last one, everyone buy now!"

Halo ODST: "It's not a new Halo, just an expansion! Something new to play with, buy it again anyway!"

Halo Reach: "Seriously guys, it's the last one, but still, you should buy it."

Liars.

Anyway, I played the first Halo, and the second one on a friend's console (God knows I'd never buy that 360 garbage, OR Halo.) Point being, I've played Halo 1 and 2, and didn't like them at all really. It was pointless running and gunning. Quickly! Shoot aliens with strange swords, jump 20 yards into the air because you're some sort of superman in your suit.

Get real. It's an idiotic combination of Sci-Fi and make-believe. Again, which is perfectly fine if you're 13 or whatever.

And to be quite honest, Killzone 2 is already a better game than any of the Halo games. Killzone 3 will more than likely be a crowning achievement of Guerilla Games and graphicswise, I expect to be a bit more polished than Killzone 2, making it a challenger of even Crysis/Crysis 2. (Ok, so we all know Crysis games have the best graphics evar, and will probably still be better than Killzone 3, but whatever. At least Killzone's gameplay doesn't suck.)

Speaking of other games, MGS Rising looks super gay, because when I play Metal Gear Solid, I don't want to be a faggot in spandex with a fucking katana. Yeah, Old Snake in spandex wasn't exactly the best thing ever, but at least Snake is an established badass. MGS4 was great, I have this bad feeling MGS Rising will be like playing MGS2, except you get less guns and moar katanas, and Raiden tries to act a little hardcore this time. Plus Metal Gear Rising should be coming out for 360 and PS3, which only makes it seem the MGS series will be dumbed down for many of the ritards on 360, and the smaller minority of ritards on PS3.

I am disappoint.

Sorry, just my thoughts. The majority of kids that own a 360 are nearly braindead, and most people I know with a PS3 generally aren't. Inferior minds obviously pick the cheaper, and less valuable option with a white case because it reminds them of Apple products. (Which are great, don't get me wrong, but owning a certain product doesn't mean you have to be a part of some faggish technocult based in California that worships Steve Jobs' cock and pray for another iPad or whatever.) Superior minds clearly choose a sexy, shiny, black PS3. (PS3 Slim isn't so shiny, but still.) Anyway, I'm sure half are lured in by the "If it looks like something Apple makes, we'll buy it. Fear the black-cased devices, they require some brains."

Whatever, my rant has gone on long enough, and now I'm just going on about stupid people.

tl;dr Fuck you, Halo is for 13 year olds.

Speaking of other games, MGS Rising looks super gay, because when I play Metal Gear Solid, I don't want to be a faggot in spandex with a fucking katana.

Fuck you, Halo is for 13 year olds.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: made my day with that one

agreed, I played halo with a friend and got bored within 30 minutes...

Nexus... You ... Are my new hero <33

Halo Reach, huh?

I suppose it's cool if you're 13 or so, but in all honesty, it's like Modern Warfare for the kiddies.

I thought they weren't making Halo games anymore? Yanno, they said Halo 3 was it, and I was grateful that people would finally shut up about the medicore - AT BEST, Halo series.

Halo 3: "This is the last one, everyone buy now!"

Halo ODST: "It's not a new Halo, just an expansion! Something new to play with, buy it again anyway!"

Halo Reach: "Seriously guys, it's the last one, but still, you should buy it."

Liars.

Anyway, I played the first Halo, and the second one on a friend's console (God knows I'd never buy that 360 garbage, OR Halo.) Point being, I've played Halo 1 and 2, and didn't like them at all really. It was pointless running and gunning. Quickly! Shoot aliens with strange swords, jump 20 yards into the air because you're some sort of superman in your suit.

Get real. It's an idiotic combination of Sci-Fi and make-believe. Again, which is perfectly fine if you're 13 or whatever.

And to be quite honest, Killzone 2 is already a better game than any of the Halo games. Killzone 3 will more than likely be a crowning achievement of Guerilla Games and graphicswise, I expect to be a bit more polished than Killzone 2, making it a challenger of even Crysis/Crysis 2. (Ok, so we all know Crysis games have the best graphics evar, and will probably still be better than Killzone 3, but whatever. At least Killzone's gameplay doesn't suck.)

Speaking of other games, MGS Rising looks super gay, because when I play Metal Gear Solid, I don't want to be a faggot in spandex with a fucking katana. Yeah, Old Snake in spandex wasn't exactly the best thing ever, but at least Snake is an established badass. MGS4 was great, I have this bad feeling MGS Rising will be like playing MGS2, except you get less guns and moar katanas, and Raiden tries to act a little hardcore this time. Plus Metal Gear Rising should be coming out for 360 and PS3, which only makes it seem the MGS series will be dumbed down for many of the ritards on 360, and the smaller minority of ritards on PS3.

I am disappoint.

Sorry, just my thoughts. The majority of kids that own a 360 are nearly braindead, and most people I know with a PS3 generally aren't. Inferior minds obviously pick the cheaper, and less valuable option with a white case because it reminds them of Apple products. (Which are great, don't get me wrong, but owning a certain product doesn't mean you have to be a part of some faggish technocult based in California that worships Steve Jobs' cock and pray for another iPad or whatever.) Superior minds clearly choose a sexy, shiny, black PS3. (PS3 Slim isn't so shiny, but still.) Anyway, I'm sure half are lured in by the "If it looks like something Apple makes, we'll buy it. Fear the black-cased devices, they require some brains."

Whatever, my rant has gone on long enough, and now I'm just going on about stupid people.

tl;dr Fuck you, Halo is for 13 year olds.

Entirely true. i, like you hate the people who don't like anything except apple and apple products. i also hate halo, and i also hate how metal gear rising is going to the 360. IMO, that decision will fuck up kojima productions. i am a firm believer in that you get what you pay for, and i think it shows here.

I think its an awful game for the fact that its completely unoriginal. The story was absolutely dreadful, and the multiplayer is only popular because anyone can pick up and play; and for the most part be good at it. There really is no ranking up in terms of skill, you know the levels better and what guns kill more but techniques are mostly still the same no matter what: RUN, JUMP, SHOOT! While realism is nice to get away with sometimes, a game where you get hit 100 times, a nade lands underneath you, explodes, and you loose half your shield is beyond acceptable. The whole EVERYONE IS LEROY JENKINS thing is pointless, I remember when you actually needed some strategy to win a game, that is what games like MW2 and KZ2 do well. Partially I blame the reason why Xbox has all the 10 year olds is because of Halo. They all want to be SUPERHUMAN jump 20 stories, run and gun; they don't want to have to think. One thing I hate most about Halo is how the players say the "weapons" are so "innovative". Okay the warthog is the most Impractical Personnel Carrier ever, the tank looks retarded and is retarded. THE BATTLERIFLE AND THE OTHER DUMB-ASS RIFLE ARE NOT THE BEST GUNS EVER BECAUSE THERE IS NOTHING UNIQUE ABOUT THEM. Killzone for example: ISA's main rifle; it was bull-pup which most games didn't do, but what was more unique was that the magazines were taped together for faster reloading. The Helghast MBR had a circular drum magazine which was also bull-pup which I have never seen before; it also had a shotgun as a secondary fire which was NEVER use mainstream until games like Modern warfare incorporated them. Halo has a nack for half-assing the shit they incorporate.

But this is all just my opinion, I know some good gamers who like it, I also know a lot of people who hate it.

PSN I will admit is flawed in the fact that I GET HIT ON A LOT! People add me as a friend and then ask my bra size..........wow. But hey its free and its no where near as bad as XBL.

The Helghast MBR had a circular drum magazine which was also bull-pup which I have never seen before; it also had a shotgun as a secondary fire which was NEVER use mainstream until games like Modern warfare incorporated them.

Helical magazines, as seen on the PP-19 and Calico weapon systems.

http://data3.primeportal.net/armory/roman_stepanov/pp-19_bizon/images/pp-19_bizon_2_of_7.jpg

Calico never really made it, as for the Bizon, you have to know your weapons to know that one, which was nice but might as well make a pull-pup one. But originally what I meant was that you would never really see games incorporate a magazine system like that.

They know what they did wrong. Technically bungee is no longer legally bound to make thye new halo games for 360 alone. Microsoft is just paying them enough to keep it an exclusive.

People will keep buying halo games for the name alone.

I think they lost a good chunk of their audience.

Helical magazines, as seen on the PP-19 and Calico weapon systems.

http://data3.primeportal.net/armory/roman_stepanov/pp-19_bizon/images/pp-19_bizon_2_of_7.jpg

the thing about Cmags and helical magazines, is that when you run with them, the bullets shift inside of them, and make a lot of noise

Okay the guns felt like they were plastic I dont know how to put it better, the class system wasn't working even though that is what battlefield is. Hopefully they will improve with MOH.

Bad weapons? Say that to the king of all Battlefield games, Battlefield 2.

Actually, no, I take that back. BF2 weapons could have been better.

BF2 Was nice, I loved the size of it. But the new bad company series are just......cheap.........and the story..............the best thing BC did was destructible environments even then it wasn't fully destructible.

I think Black Ops is gonna be pretty fuckin sweet. Granted i'm a pretty hardcore CoD fan... I also dig the new Halo, I mean, the graphics on such have come quite a ways and the story line is pretty sweet considering it is pre-Master Chief (name could have used a bit of work no doubt). And yes, while the game is one that any half retarded 6 month old monkey could pick up, play and win at, I find it quite entertaining.

Most FPS's are just a matter of figuring out what guns do the most damage in combination with other miniscule techniques and using them to your advantage. And ALL FPS maps are just learning the best choke points and hardest to find sniper spots with maybe a quick drop-shot here and there.

The problem with Black ops is people are going to do the WaW effect all over again. People liked the previous game, the buy because of the title, then once they play it they hate it because its not like the previous one. Then they want to get the previous game back but find that its not worth anything because a lot of people didn't like it and are trying to return it.

Case in point: People associated World at War(COD5) with Modern Warfare(COD4).

Case in point: People associated ODST with Halo 3.

Future Case in point: People are going to associate Black Ops(COD7) with Modern Warfare 2(COD6).

People don't take the time to notice that different people are making the different games.

People who loved MW2 think that BO is going to be the same thing. Then disappointment sets in and bam.