Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
HorusCentury

Movies That Scared You

6 posts in this topic

I'm interested in finding out what movies have scared people in the past.

NOTE: This is different from "scariest movie ever", although it might happen to be the same movie. I just want to know what got under your skin, personally.

People always say: "Oh yeah well, that movie was so lame..." but then you find out that something like "Black Christmas" scarred someone for life and it makes you look at it in a whole new way.

Movie that STILL creeps me out: "Ghostwatch". Aired on the BBC one Halloween at least a decade ago now, using all real anchormen from newscasts and actors playing themselves. It caused a nationwide panic and two kids killed themselves because they thought it was real. Even though I saw it much later and knew it was just a movie... I don't know. It gets under my skin.

Blair witch really?

4th Kind + Blair Witch Project (Texas Chainsaw Massacre gets honorable mention)

I respect Blair Witch as a selection here. When it first came out I was well and properly freaked, and the ending was PERFECT. The best part was the viral campaign that led up to it, with all of the "authentic" dig stuff.

Sadly, all of the satires and watching it a few times kind of wore it out for me.

4th Kind had the same thing going for it: "Is this real?"

I went to see the Blair Witch at the movie theater. I didn't find it that interesting because I already knew it was fake beforehand.

I kinda figured it fake when watching it.