Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
kxrxoxnxixc

The fourth kind

8 posts in this topic

Has anyone seen this film? It's pretty creepy...

It's set in Nome, Alaska where people disappear all the time and they believe it's due to alien abductions and this film deals with that and supposedly has actual footage from this Ph.D's endeavors with this family and herself...

I remember seeing the trailer but never actually saw it.

So I watched it... I liked it. I was frustrated that they made it impossible to tell what was "real" and what was "dramatic license", but otherwise it was awesome.

Of all of the translated Sumerian, one word gave me pause: "Reality". I'm not saying "we're in the Matrix" but I'm starting to wonder just how much of this life is a fabrication that could be remade.

I had a though a while back about Being in a tube as a child and this is just a quick buzz thu of what your life is going to be like.

Then I could have sworn for like 4 years during my child hood that I was on a hidden camera show. I was lucid enough to beg them for things.

Now I'm just the normal crazy.

I had a though a while back about Being in a tube as a child and this is just a quick buzz thu of what your life is going to be like.

Then I could have sworn for like 4 years during my child hood that I was on a hidden camera show. I was lucid enough to beg them for things.

Now I'm just the normal crazy.

I remember that weird feeling... like this is all just pretend and the real world is hidden from you.

If that were true, how would we find it?

Ok this has been bugging me all day - they did the hypnosis wrong in this movie and in the "real" clips.

Psychologists are notoriously stupid when it comes to hypnotherapy. If you want hypnotherapy, go to a Hypnotherapist, not a Psychologist.

My problem: they have these people tap into the energy of the original event and re-live it. That's stupid. That's like telling someone who was raped to feel like they're being raped again. There's no reason for that... it's just more trauma, amplified.

A real Hypnotherapist would have people revisit those memories in a detached way, as if they were watching a TV show about a guy watching a movie about the events in question and that none of it matters because none of it is really happening. Memories recovered, no trauma relived.

She feels responsible for that guy killing his family. You know what? She should. That was just stupid.

/soapbox

Perhaps, but I believe she would have done it to figure out what exactly was going on in these peoples lives to make them able t explain what was really happening (if anything). Alos, I don't believe it was too difficult to distinguish between the "real" events and the dramatized events because they usually split the screen, and one was all crystal clear while the other was a home style recording.