Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Alienforce

My Favorite Martial Arts movie fight scenes

16 posts in this topic

I always love how most of the time they come one at a time and when they come multiple they attack so slowly that a dead monkey could defend himself.

What was the plot point of this scene?

I always love how most of the time they come one at a time and when they come multiple they attack so slowly that a dead monkey could defend himself.

What was the plot point of this scene?

The Japanese general was paying people in bags of rice to demonstrate Chinese fighting technique, and they were allowed to ask for as many opponents as they wanted to in exchange for that many bags of rice. Ip Man's friend was shot just before this scene (thus the bloody bag of rice) because he lost his fight but went to pick up the rice. Ip Man got pissed and asked for 10 opponents. He then refuses the rice.

Here's the final fight scene from Flash Point.

HOLY! I've never seen a fight scene like that... a lot of those punches looked like they friggin' HURT. :hurt:

Nice to see them integrating grappling for a change - I always think it's silly of them to ignore that stuff in Kung Fu movies.

GOOD PICK Alienforce! I think this gets underestimated because of the lack of fancy moves (and the fact that the actors aren't martial artists), but as far as energy and tone goes this is a perfect scene. Very realistic.

Personally I like this fight because of the dialog. Great lines like "What we do in this life echoes into eternity" and "Time out! Ok time in!" and "You're going to break the door! Are you going to pay for it?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS7dgsf-heg