Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
HorusCentury

Egypt... n stuff...

41 posts in this topic

Ok umm... my forum name came from an inside joke. I really don't know all that much about Egypt... or much more than most people. So because of that, and because I don't watch the news...

What's going on over there? I heard people are dying and there are riots.. or somethin.

Look, I'm ignorant, OK? I admit it! Can someone fill me in?

ok well the protests have been going non-stop since last friday. Basically they were protesting against president Mubarak, who is a dictator and started a big government crackdown (made a curfew, and somehow made it so the Egyptians had no more internet and phones) which sparked the protesting. It didn't get violent until like tuesday or wednesday when a group of pro-Mubarak protesters and thugs supposedly hired by the government showed up and started attacking the anti-Mubarak protesters. Reporters started to get targeted deliberately by pro-Mubarak protesters because they claim it's their fault because they portrayed the situation as being worse than it really is which they claim started the rioting, and now its just mass chaos, particularly bad in Cairo and liberation square. Mubarak is refusing to step down until his term ends in 8 months.

Mass napalm strikes would work.

What amazes me is that the US has to be in everybody's business, I mean come on, you're not looking like the good guy by trying to "help" them, stay out of the other countries' business.

Run on sentence methinks.

What amazes me is that the US has to be in everybody's business, I mean come on, you're not looking like the good guy by trying to "help" them, stay out of the other countries' business.

Run on sentence methinks.

Don't blame the US for anything, we have nothing to do with this.

Or maybe we do, who knows. Nothing going on over there right now is our fault, or, directly our fault.

Maybe.

We might have had something to do with it. But visibly no.

And we're helping them out?

Wat'd.

Since when does anyone over there have US support? I believe we withdrew our support and Obama told Mubarak not to run again.

"Banks temporarily reopened throughout the country amidst long queues,[257] and people rushed to buy US dollars.[258]"

LOL!

OSHI.........OUR COUNTRY IS GOING TO HELL! GO BUY US DOLLARS!

Im predicting another spike in unemployment with all of the Irish that are supposed to migrate here this year. Ireland's economy is doing horrible, theres no work and we already have a shortage of work so why on earth they are all coming here confuses me. :indifferent:

Seems like even though other countries pretend to hate America, they still think its the land of opportunity.

The American Dream.

Well the thought is that, love it or hate it, the currency is stable and strong... because even if there are economic problems the US will just blow the crap out of some other country and rob it.

You know, like Iraq.

That's what people figure, anyhow.

Not mine, I have yet to destroy the Koreans.