Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Nexus

Iranium

16 posts in this topic

http://www.iraniumthemovie.com/

Insert bogus email and watch.

Pretty eye opening stuff.

OMFG... propaganda.

Factoid #1: Iran DOES NOT have nuclear weaponry. That is a bare-faced lie. They have a nuclear power plant; one that they can barely keep running right from the latest reports.

Factoid #2: From http://www.iraniumthemovie.com/about/filmmakers/ :

Raphael Shore – Producer

Raphael Shore is an accomplished filmmaker and the founder of Clarion Fund, a non-profit organization that produces documentary films on national security threats.

(TRANSLATION: We make propaganda to justify wars and maintain a non-profit status in order to accept money from weapons manufacturers in an above-board manner.)

Clearly they've decided to invade Iran for certain now. Let the propaganda assault begin!

LOL Thats pretty funny.

OMFG... propaganda.

Factoid #1: Iran DOES NOT have nuclear weaponry. That is a bare-faced lie. They have a nuclear power plant; one that they can barely keep running right from the latest reports.

Raphael Shore – Producer

Raphael Shore is an accomplished filmmaker and the founder of Clarion Fund, a non-profit organization that produces documentary films on national security threats.

(TRANSLATION: We make propaganda to justify wars and maintain a non-profit status in order to accept money from weapons manufacturers in an above-board manner.)

Clearly they've decided to invade Iran for certain now. Let the propaganda assault begin!

Yeah, dunno about that bro. It seems you like to tilt to the insane left/insane where everything is a conspiracy and a plot against you. Just saying, from the 5 posts of yours I have read, they have all been concerning conspiracies/pointing fingers at "the media" or has been general conspiracy nut talk.

"Raphael Shore is an accomplished filmmaker and the founder of Clarion Fund, a non-profit organization that produces documentary films on national security threats.

(TRANSLATION: We make propaganda to justify wars and maintain a non-profit status in order to accept money from weapons manufacturers in an above-board manner.)"

According to this, anyone who threatens the security of the US clearly isn't doing so, and is only made to look like a threat to justify war... To justify war to what end is beyond me, you never really say why. Probably to advance the agenda of evil global weapons companies who have their hands in iraqi oil, along with being friends with the nazis and working with both HAMAS and Israel in order to perpetuate conflict so they can keep the US dependent on foreign oil. (mind blown?)

War justification is a really OLD concept, and wasn't invented by me. Here's President Eisenhower from 1961:

The Military Industrial Complex: businesses exist to support themselves. The large arms industry has sought influence over American values, politics, and budgets in order to ensure its own survival. This isn't a "conspiracy" per se, just an industry doing what all industries do: whatever is necessary to grow.

So politicians are bought by military lobyists, media outlets influenced by the military agenda, and budgets dolled out accordingly. Again, not a "conspiracy"... just a self-perpetuating movement.

If it makes you feel better, pretend that this isn't happening. It's fine. It's not like you could do anything about it anyway.

LOL I saw church in there.

I have no idea what you're talking about Horus, but it sounds like a bunch of crap when it comes to dealing with Iran. What seems to be really happening is the extremists vs non-extremists. The fact is that akdamenajaud (Closest I could spell the name according to the sound) is an extremist and has fashioned this way of coupling extremist mentality with religion which in turn creates a downward spiral of nutbaggery for lack of better terms.

The fact that Iran has uranium and a way to enrich it while still dealing with the pressure from the rest of the nations on not pursuing a nuclear arms race is something not to be taken lightly. The idea that Iran has missiles capable of carrying warheads with nuclear capabilities and the ability to take out any country with-in X amount of miles is quite disheartening and if other unstable countries begin to pursue a nuclear weapon, we may be looking at quite the war ahead of us.

Understanding that Iran has a different culture is key to dealing with them politically but in all actuality, you can't change someones perception of religion and that is the driving force here which is extremely frightening. The notion that Iran has more capabilities with the nuclear warhead than Russia did is something not to be taken lightly, so if you think this whole thing is a conspiracy, perhaps you should check into other things besides just the media outlet and military agenda.

OMFG... propaganda.

Raphael Shore – Producer

Hate to break it to you, but they have nuclear missiles. they were testing the rocket engines for them a while back. and besides. if you can develop nuclear energy in any shape or form, its really easy to develop nuclear material for missiles

Just imagine if we didn't have religion......

Just imagine if we didn't have religion......

Yeah? And then where would we be?

A world without religion is a place much worse than this one, I can tell you that much.

That's besides the point, what it seems is that from Horus' perspective, self-defense is clearly wrong and is only used to justify war, because war clearly doesn't do ANY good, and only helps those "evil" companies.

I don't see how it would be worse.

Religion keeps people from doing insane things, doing "wrong", and being a general asshats

It also gives people hope(even false) to do things they would not have done without it

I think what Horus is trying to say is that war is good for the economy(it is)

You may say that I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one.

Religion keeps people from doing insane things, doing "wrong", and being a general asshats

Umm... very extremely no.

No.

I'll let everything else in this thread go, but this I have to say.

I'll assume you don't know many atheists. That has to be it. Because honestly, atheists tend to be real nice people who are completely uninterested in hurting anyone.

To be perfectly honest, many of the religious people I've known, real dedicated Church-going folk, are often just jerks looking for a fight who smile a lot and dress nice on Sundays. They have "I'm right no matter what because I have God on my side" buzzing in their heads, and treat the rest of the world like dirt if it steps "out of line" with their narrow point of view.

Self-righteousnesses is the key to being a complete jerk, and without religion it's an attitude that fades as you grow up. Religion only reinforces it.

Also see:

imagesrehab477.jpg

Also:

• The Crusades
  • The Spanish Inquisition
  • The Salem Witch Trials
  • Suicide Bombers
  • 9/11
  • Pat Robertson

50% of history's major acts of violence are political. The other 50% is religiously motivated.

I would say more than 50% are religious, WW2 was Race and Religious based.