Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

EchoElite

Favorite Weapon

27 posts in this topic

List your Favorite weapon and why.

Add a link to the weapon manufacturers page for the weapon you chose and/or an image of it.

[Click Here]

Alexandria Arms .50 Beowulf

Its my favorite, because, for one, its just badass. i mean a M16/AR15 shooting a .50 cal round?

for two, it adds a lot of versatility to the M16/AR15. you could probably shoot through a tank with it.

Man the thing shoots a frickin pistol round.

I have a plethora of favorites based on the category.

Assault rifle:

IMI Tavor TAR-21

ORD_Tavor-21_5.56mm_lg.jpg

or the FN2000

FN_F2000_with_EGLM_Grenade_Launcher.jpg

SMG:

FN P90

p-90.jpg

Sniper:

AMP Technical Services DSR-1

AMP_DSR-1_Koalorka.jpg

Pfft, please. You guys are babies. Get a real man's weapon!

Behold: The Boardinator 3000!

board_with_nails_What_is_your_choice_melee_weapon_for_a_zombie_apocalypse-s406x308-128678-580.jpg

lol

Which model do you prefer?

AKM, more commonly known as the AK-47.

"Of all the weapons in the vast soviet arsenal, nothing was more profitable than Avtomat Kalashnikova model of 1947. More commonly known as the AK-47, or Kalashnikov. It's the world's most popular assault rifle. A weapon all fighters love. An elegantly simple 9 pound amalgamation of forged steel and plywood. It doesn't break, jam, or overheat. It'll shoot whether it's covered in mud or filled with sand. It's so easy, even a child can use it; and they do. The Soviets put the gun on a coin. Mozambique put it on their flag. Since the end of the Cold War, the Kalashnikov has become the Russian people's greatest export. After that comes vodka, caviar, and suicidal novelists. One thing is for sure, no one was lining up to buy their cars. "

-Nicholas Cage in "Lord of War"

I like the Dragunov sniper riffle, the M134D Gatling gun and Stinger Missile Launcher

dragunov1.gif

m134d-1.jpg

stinger.jpg

Folding Knives or Fixed Blade (small size) knives for practical purposes. Self defense, various minor household tasks (boxes/mail/etc) and so forth. Personally, I'm a fan of SoG blades.

pic3.jpg

As far as firearms, I would LOVE a M403. Starts as a Remington 700 bolt-action and gets a few tweaks courtesy of the USMC. I just like rifles. <_<

ORD_M40A3_lg.jpg

For a handgun, I wouldn't mind an ArmaLite 24-15C. Nice, simple 9mm handgun.

2415CLARGE700.jpg

I am quite fond of the classic.

M14

M14_afmil.jpg

I am quite fond of the classic.

M14

M14_afmil.jpg

"I don't want no teenage queen!!"

"I don't want no teenage queen!!"

"I just want my M14!!"

"I just want my M14!!"

Sorry, I had to quote Full metal Jacket.

These are a few of my favorites.

FN P90

p_90_Totally_Oblivious_4-s400x300-71210-535.jpg

Luger 'Parabellum

300px-Parabellum_1586.jpg

MP40

mp38-1.jpg

The Thompson

Thompson-machine-gun.jpg

*Edit*

Forgot to add the names, I believe they're correct, thank you for pointing that out Saki.

While I know what those weapons are, you might want to label them.

I like the word gatling gun a lot better than mini gun for those as there is nothing mini about them. I wonder how the term mini gun came to be? I should look it up.

After spending around two hours in the woods over the weekend, I realized the need for a machete. After researching it I decided on a Tramontina 14 Inch Bolo one. I plan to get more as time passes in other makes, models, and styles.

2mzmrtv.png

I like the word gatling gun a lot better than mini gun for those as there is nothing mini about them. I wonder how the term mini gun came to be? I should look it up.

Maybe it wasn't really noticed until a movie or show came out that showed some huge dude carrying it around, making it look mini?

I looked it up and they are referred to as a "minigun" due to being developed as a smaller version of the M61 'Vulcan' 20mm cannon.

I also received my machete a few days ago and had the chance to use it today. It's pretty cool and I love the sound it makes when you chop off a branch or similar but I feel like it's kind of dull. The description did state that it would require further sharpening for a fine edge but I assumed it would be sharp enough... Guess not. Looks like I'll have to look up how to do it properly.

Edit: I just found out I could have ordered it from another place who for not much more fixes all of the factory shortcomings (Including sharpening) before shipping them out. I should have ordered from them to begin with. *Facepalm* I'll probably end up ordering another one from this new place and keeping this one as a backup / something to practice sharpening on. It's not like it was that expensive.