Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
EchoElite

ALERT! www.eon8.com/security

17 posts in this topic

I've seen that before. If there's anything on the server I'm sure Eon8 knows about it. It's probably him up to shenanigans.

This is the first time somebodies mentioned that.

Sometime after I acquired the domain name I was bored one night and decided to search around to see what was out there about Eon8. What I found was the sites were linking to the various pages it once contained. The problem was since they no longer existed you just got a generic Error 404 page. Unless you went directly to eon8.com it looked like the site was gone completely. I figured we had to be loosing a lot of traffic because of that. So I replaced the Error 404 page with a simple black page that automatically redirected you to eon8.com.

Then sometime later I decided to snazz it up a bit. I had that animation saved on my computer and thought with some major tweaking it would work perfectly with what I was trying to achieve. So I fooled around with flash and sound and what not and got it sort of working correctly. The thing is though I never finished it and then kind of forgot about it. I should really finish it one of these days. When I say finish I mean I have to work on its size and the timing.

Its been there for a least a year and this is the first time anybody has mentioned it.

I guess I was in the Eon8 mood because I redid the entire myspace page and redid the error 404 page. I don't know if i'm going to keep that head thing for the error 404 page or not. I got it to where its the smallest in dimensions and file size without it effecting quality but the thing is still 1.88mb. :indifferent: What that means is when it loads on your computer for the first time its really jerky. I think i'm going to just put up a really creepy gif instead.

EDIT: I got rid of the ASCII head when you reach an error 404 page and put up the creepy gif like I said I was thinking about doing. Check it out by going to any page that doesn't exist. Such as http://www.eon8.com/security for example. It automatically redirects you to the forums here after 10 seconds.

Holy fuck!

That gif image scared the shit out of me!

But it does blend nicely with the little knowledge of the whole meaning of Eon8, I like it.