Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
kxrxoxnxixc

HALLELUJAH! PRAISE JeeeEEEESUS!

19 posts in this topic

I finally got my AT&T DSL modem up and running, only took about 10 hours of cumulative work to get it up and running on my wireless router. Apparently AT&T is a hater on 3rd party routers and makes you jump through hoops to get it to work properly.

Hooking up wireless networking for people with DSL is one of my least favorite things.

It's an awful thing to do. Not only does AT&T not help you because they dont support 3rd party routers, but they lead you astray with their so-called "directions". I had to login to the modem, change the PPP settings and then log back in and change the modem setting to bridged, and then restart everything and hook it up to the wireless router, then restart the computer and yada, yada, yada... I ran through all the troubleshooting on the website 10 times, and then called tech support 4 times, and each time they gave me a little clue but always pointed in the direction of ConnecTech, which is a paid service solely for setting up 3rd party routers.

So basically, it would redirect me to the ATT website and tell me a password is incorrect and doesn't match my ISP and needs to be corrected. So I went through those steps about 30 times, and just barely cut myself short of throwing this hunk of shit out the window, when I finally calmed down, I worked through it and just tried a bunch of stuff, and finally got my PW reset through ATT and now, it all works fine.

Perseverance ladies and gents, perseverance.

I would have burned AT&T down.

Any new customer I get that wants me to fix or do anything Internet related I tell them to go and call their ISP.

Just do some BS to get money.

This guy who used to go to my school earned 10k in three months just doing house calls.

The computer he built with the profits. He came from a Wealthy Part of Arizona and he basically just set up their Wi-fi. If I know for a fact that he did it, no. But I know that there are some stupid ass people out there.

Was it in Scottsdale? Thats the part of Arizona people tend to think of when wealth is mentioned.

He said it was Paradise Valley.

I told him it sounded like something from Fallout.

Thats just the housing community. Contractors love naming developments like that.