Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Hazardous

Introduction.

8 posts in this topic

Just wanted to introduce myself, I am PJ and to be honest, I found out about Eon8 accidentally.

I've never been a part of a forum site, board, whatever they're called, but the clip I saw of Eon8, when it was active, really caught my eye, so I thought I've join, you know, to find out more about what Eon8 really was and because I wanted to be a part of a forum, at least once in my life.

Well, I hope I find more interests with this forum, I read a few post's, talking about there not being much members and whatnot, so I will try my best to get more people to join, I'll spread the word about this site.

I'm going to cut this short, so thank you for reading and I hope to become an active person here, spectating and contributing.

(I hope I did this introduction right.)

Hello, and welcome! We've had a few people in the past say the same thing that they've never signed up on a message board before. I'm glad that you chose Eon8 to be your first. You'll find that a lot of boards out there are filled with tension, hierarchies, trolls, etc... which equal a bad experience. We strive to act in a mature way while communicating and sharing information as it makes for a better time and theres really no reason not to.

The Eon8 message board has been around in one form or another since the conclusion of the countdown timer back in 2006. I can't take credit for the initial Eon8 site as that person still remains a mystery, but the majority of the information we've gathered about it can be found here: http://www.eon8.com/...s/forum/3-eon8/ The lack of actively posting members has always been upsetting. We've speculated that the whole concept of Eon8 seems to scare people away. Theres also resentment by some over the fact they feel like they were deceived or tricked by the experiment.

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate it and I know what you mean about other forums full of negativity, I've heard a lot about that from people I know and from random people here on the internet. It's like, why join something when all you're planning on doing is punking someone, what does that accomplish. Well, I'm glad I chose Eon8 to be my first forum. The way I even found out about it was through a video on youtube. I don't mean to ramble, but I don't know if anyone here has ever heard of 'Marble Hornets', (may just be me, found out about that about 4 or 5 days ago) well the man shown in those clips is known as or dubbed as 'The Slender Man', I was watching a small documentary about that and the uploader had an Eon8 video as well, so that's where my curiosity kicked in. Now, I'm not going to lie, seeing that video had me a bit spooked, but my needing to know more information on what I see or hear about always takes over, so that's how I ended up here.

Unfortunately, I wasn't active online when the Eon8 project was going on, I was 13, yes, I'm a youngster, which is one of the reasons why my curiosity about things that happened years ago is so strong, I wish I was active though, I would've loved to experience the project. I can see why the concept of this site scares people, I was scared too, but you'll never get ahead in life if you live in fear, we have to control that and take the leap. Well, thank you for the link, I'm going to check out that info. ASAP and thank you for the greeting and introduction. I got to cut this now, I tend to have a lot running through my mind, causing me to type a lot, I hope that helps me with contributing to post's.

I forgot to add, my apologies ahead of time if I misspell a word or two, forget a word or use the wrong word, since my mind is always running, I can't type as fast as I think.

I forgot to add, my apologies ahead of time if I misspell a word or two, forget a word or use the wrong word, since my mind is always running, I can't type as fast as I think.

I think there's an edit button on the bottom of your posts, should help you fix your mistakes :devilnaughty:

Welcome to the board, not much else I can say the the Director hasn't besides have fun!

I think there's an edit button on the bottom of your posts, should help you fix your mistakes :devilnaughty:

Welcome to the board, not much else I can say the the Director hasn't besides have fun!

Haha, I didn't realize that until, like my 10th post or so, eh, I'm too lazy to fix my mistakes from the first posts, I'm going to keep an eye on my future posts though and correct my mistake, damn, if only life was as easy as clicking edit.

Thank you, just being told to have fun is enough for me, I've been having fun so far, seeing past posts is quite entertaining, I'm learning more and more about stuff beyond the basics of the internet, so I'm definitely in the right place.

Welcome, I hope you choose to stay, the content is quite interesting if the topic appeals to you.

Welcome, I hope you choose to stay, the content is quite interesting if the topic appeals to you.

Thank you, I appreciate and I plan on staying until the very end, I've only been here a few days and I've found a lot of stuff that is really interesting.