Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Hazardous

I need some help or an explanation please

27 posts in this topic

Alright, I've never seen this before, I tried making a new email on msn and where you sign in and sign up, the sign up part of the page won't show, instead I'm getting this and the symbol on the left side of the address bar, I've never seen, can someone please explain to me what this is, what this may be and what i can possibly do to fix this?

WTF.png

Could this possibly be a virus of some sort or is it just down, can someone try it out for me, check if the site is like this for everyone or just me, please?

Much appreciated.

Wow, scratch that request, I found a way around it. All I had to do was click on hotmail and the page came up, with the sign up link. I really feel like a n00b now, sorry for basically posting a meaningless post.

The S at the end of the http just means its a secure page. Its generally used on pages that will be transferring important data like credit card information for example.

I've never noticed that S before, thank you for that, but I was referring to the lock with the orange triangle, for some reason, I guess my connection wasn't good or something, msn wouldn't load the sign up side.

I've never noticed that S before, thank you for that, but I was referring to the lock with the orange triangle, for some reason, I guess my connection wasn't good or something, msn wouldn't load the sign up side.

Its probably just Chrome being weird or something

Probably for the best.

Speaking of Firefox I've been having a lot of trouble with it crashing lately. Mainly when I have a lot of instances of it open. Its never happened before and I don't have any add-ons. It seems like the newest version is always using too much memory.

Speaking of Firefox I've been having a lot of trouble with it crashing lately. Mainly when I have a lot of instances of it open. Its never happened before and I don't have any add-ons. It seems like the newest version is always using too much memory.

i havent had any problems with the latest version

They are upgrading versions too fast.

I haven't really tried to figure out whats causing it yet. Searching around I found some things I'll have to try.

Install any funky addons?

Nope, I haven't any installed. I'm going to try a different browser for a while to see what happens. If it still does it then I'll know its something else unrelated to Firefox.

Theres some pretty good chrome variants.

Chrome is what I'm going to go with. I find it funny how it was so disliked and then all of a sudden after being out for quite a while, people started raving about it.

Speaking of having problems with FireFox, I'm always using Photoshop, so that's always opened, but when I sign into aim, FireFox automatically opens directly to the AOL site. I close FF, then when I decide to open it later, a little notice window pops up saying "FireFox is already running, please close the already running window and reopen or restart your system", just started happening, I believe, Saturday.

Any thoughts on why?

(Also, I'm using a Notebook, could that be the reason? Since I have too much programs open, it's lagging the system itself, because after I close everything, FF opens.)

Nah, AIM is an AOL product and therefore, when you open AIM it automatically directs you to their webpage. You can disable that in AIM settings. I would suggest it. But it is probably telling you FF is still open because of some redirect issues between AIM and FF.

As for EON8, I would suggest a fresh install. Try removing all the components from your computer than doing a completely fresh install... I have been with FF for a while now and have had no gripes about it (except when it had problems opening PDF's). If that doesn't fix the problem, go to a new browser I guess... =(

You might want to go with a variation of it.

http://en.wikipedia....8web_browser%29

Down where it lists the variants of it.

Nice, thanks for the link.

Speaking of having problems with FireFox, I'm always using Photoshop, so that's always opened, but when I sign into aim, FireFox automatically opens directly to the AOL site. I close FF, then when I decide to open it later, a little notice window pops up saying "FireFox is already running, please close the already running window and reopen or restart your system", just started happening, I believe, Saturday.

Any thoughts on why?

(Also, I'm using a Notebook, could that be the reason? Since I have too much programs open, it's lagging the system itself, because after I close everything, FF opens.)

Thats another problem I'm having. Firefox not closing sometimes, and having to force it to close in task manager.

Nah, AIM is an AOL product and therefore, when you open AIM it automatically directs you to their webpage. You can disable that in AIM settings. I would suggest it. But it is probably telling you FF is still open because of some redirect issues between AIM and FF.

As for EON8, I would suggest a fresh install. Try removing all the components from your computer than doing a completely fresh install... I have been with FF for a while now and have had no gripes about it (except when it had problems opening PDF's). If that doesn't fix the problem, go to a new browser I guess... =(

Thats definitely something else on my list of things to try.