Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
EchoElite

New Skin

30 posts in this topic

Thanks, i'm undecided if I like the logo or not. It took me over three hours of trying different ones and things to come up with it. I might just decide to simply have the Eon8 logo instead.

Its also extremely hard to find dark skins for this forum software that don't look like complete garbage. Thats one of the only downfalls of it. :indifferent:

What about our first skin on the first forum? It had a black, grey, and white theme to it. I loved that one. If you could find it and upload it again, it'd be like old times..

If I remember right this was the first skin on the original board: http://www.extremepixels.com/IPB/iSkin_Black_details.php Everybody complained that the text was too dark and as a whole was too monotone.

Also if anybody ever wants to look for any skins to suggest they have to work with IPB 2.3

Theres a bunch here for example: http://skins.invisionize.com/db/index.php/c/241

Please do, I like that theme and colors more than black and orange. (Although it is "festive", since Halloween is coming)

Ok will do. Thats the plan anyways to have a multitude of skin choices since everybody has different tastes.

I can't seem to be able to edit the damn header text. All I want to do is change it from the word JET to EON8 but I can't figure out how to edit it. I think the problem is for some stupid reason its not text. I need somebody here whos good with photoshop to take a look at it for me.

I added this skin with the fixed background last night. We've used it in the past for a while as well. I really like it but since its so graphic intense it scrolls a little funny, and apparently only displays right with IE7 or above and Firefox.

After I add a few more we will have a vote to see which should be the default.

(Remember forum skins can be changed from the drop down menu at the bottom left of the board.)

Added another one known as Jet

This one was especially for Darkhaven. I couldn't edit the text graphic on the header like I said... So I made an entirely new one. :tongue: I think it fits it quite well.

Damn, the downside to using "jet" is that the "new posts" color and the "no new posts" color are almost exactly the same. I didn't realize that when I chose it. If there's a way to change that, Eon8 please do so.

I didn't even notice that. I'll have to check it out. I did just play around with the header and decided the EON8 graphic in the middle looks better larger. I'll upload the new header for it sometime tonight.