Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
ipressthebuttons

Cloning.

11 posts in this topic

First off, I want to point out something that strikes me as odd in this video. Humankind playing God, and she still believes that deity SENT these PUPPIES to her? No, this is ridiculous. This is beyond belief. It's... inconceivable.

This is a bit too much. One can not say that God did anything in this situation... science and religion do not mix like that. Providing that god would even be real, he would disallow such behavior. Cloning is PLAYING GOD, which is an area we should not be playing around in.

I'm strongly against this. Cloning is a very good scientific discovery... but it should not become commercial! This is beyond ridiculous! It's only a matter of time before the GENERAL PUBLIC will be buying clones of themselves instead of having actual children!

First off, I want to point out something that strikes me as odd in this video. Humankind playing God, and she still believes that deity SENT these PUPPIES to her? No, this is ridiculous. This is beyond belief. It's... inconceivable.

This is a bit too much. One can not say that God did anything in this situation... science and religion do not mix like that. Providing that god would even be real, he would disallow such behavior. Cloning is PLAYING GOD, which is an area we should not be playing around in.

I'm strongly against this. Cloning is a very good scientific discovery... but it should not become commercial! This is beyond ridiculous! It's only a matter of time before the GENERAL PUBLIC will be buying clones of themselves instead of having actual children!

I agree with you. That would be totally weird to have a clone of yourself.

I would clone my best soldiers. But, the funny thing is about cloning, they clones don't live very long. I forget why... Somewith with animal's DNA being linear. Remember the whole Dolly thing? Yeah.

By the way, God doesn't have the control over what you do, it is up to YOU to live by his rules. Otherwise, we'd all be going to Heaven; Which I know is not true.

I would clone my best soldiers. But, the funny thing is about cloning, they clones don't live very long. I forget why... Somewith with animal's DNA being linear. Remember the whole Dolly thing? Yeah.

By the way, God doesn't have the control over what you do, it is up to YOU to live by his rules. Otherwise, we'd all be going to Heaven; Which I know is not true.

yeah, true that

that is so cool , i like that...only wish we could clone a T-REX

We could. Haven't you seen Jurassic Park? Or am I that old? (I have sixteen years of experience btw.)

You can clone anything you have a complete cell of, even if dead. As long as the DNA didn't mutate whilst being inactive.

When people even suggest that the Mayan's have came up with a specific date for armageddon, I like to remind them:

During an eclipse, the Mayans would set alight their arrows and fire them into the sky in a desperate attempt to relight the sun.

Yeah, I totally believe it's going to end then.

The amount of energy required to end the world is MASSIVE, humankind however, it is so little.

If humankind were wiped out, it'd do the world some good anyway :)

The world is known as the planet Earth, and the living things on it. If you wanted to end the PLANET, yes, you would nuke it until it broke apart. If you wanted to end the world, you just have to kill everything.

In response to the first post, cloning is merely re-creating physical aspects of a living thing. The dogs will NEVER be the same as before. They will have different experiences and will handle situations differently.

However I do believe cloning is wrong. And that lady is messed up.