Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
EON8

I registered eoneight.com

14 posts in this topic

I've been wanting to do that for forever it seems. I was going to do it last week but then decided to wait until Halloween today since it was so close. This way when you look up the domain registration it will be October 31 (Halloween) 2008 (eon8) When I do anything online that involves time or dates I like to make them significant when possible. Another example is I waited until July 1st to create the forums which is the anniversary of Eon8. Plus 2008 again for eon8 which was an added bonus.

But anyway, I think it was a very good idea to register it. Theres many different reasons why as you might imagine that I won't go into. The biggest of course is to maybe gain some more traffic. One example is if Eon8 is ever brought up in a real life conversation to somebody that doesn't know about it and they are told its eon eight dot com they'll go home and type in eoneight.com not eon8.com.

It only costs $20 a year so what the hell.

Even if it doesn't at least now nobody else can be eon eight dot com but us. Well maybe if they register aeon8.com or aeoneight.com both of which are still available. Fuck it aeon is a stupid way to spell it anyways. :tongue:

You should put something interesting on it. Something that will get people interested in the idea of Eon8 and its forums. You could have a "Conspiracy News" section or something similar. Or just put a blog there if you're lazy.

I just registered the domain name. You don't get any hosting when you do that. How it works is you have to buy the domain name and then buy the hosting separately through whatever company of your choosing. Like the Eon8 domain here is registered through Godaddy but the site is hosted through a company in Canada.

I registered eoneight.com through Godaddy yesterday and simply placed a 301 redirect request to eon8.com.

I just registered the domain name. You don't get any hosting when you do that. How it works is you have to buy the domain name and then buy the hosting separately through whatever company of your choosing. Like the Eon8 domain here is registered through Godaddy but the site is hosted through a company in Canada.

I registered eoneight.com through Godaddy yesterday and simply placed a 301 redirect request to eon8.com.

I think it'd be nice to put a bit of site info on THAT site. I mean, the whole mystery theme is nice and all, but it's kinda hard to get people to join when all they see is that logo and a forum they can't view unless they log in.

The 8th symbol of the Zodiac - Scorpio (The Scorpion)

In Islam, It is the number of Angels carrying The Holy Throne of Allah in heavens.

In Christianity, it is allegoric to:

what is beyond time (because the number 7 refers to the days of the week which repeat themselves),

and is the number of Beatitudes.

In nuclear physics, 8 is the second magic number.

Random thought

For some reason it popped into my head today that eon eight is 8 characters.

Haha, either that's irony or it was planned out, I say the site images you posted, the original owner(s) saying they chose Eon8 because Eon9 was taken, I think they chose the 8 because of that simple fact, but that's just my opinion, I still like it regardless.