Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

EON8

Moving shadow on my street

19 posts in this topic

This 'All Hallows Eve' I was looking out my window at around 3:30am just to make sure nobody was sneaking around causing any mischief. You know throwing eggs, TP'ing houses, stealing pumpkins, etc... Thats when I saw a shadowy shape is the best way to describe it in the road going by. The only light out was from the moon and a street light down the road a little ways so it was very dim lighting conditions. My first thought was that it was a kid cruising by on a bike. It was a very smooth movement. Like a gliding at the speed of a slow jog. It was hard to make out anything but i'm pretty sure it wasn't a kid or bird or animal of any kind.

The next day I was thinking about it and remembered that i've seen the same thing several times before! Its been a few years since the last occurrence which is why it didn't hit me of what it was when I was first witnessing it. Its one of those things were its definitely something that I can't explain.

That certainly is strange! I've only seen a UFO or two, but never any apparitions.

If you're moving tactically, like covering a certain angle while aiming, you tend to move at a fixed pace and move very smoothly as well..

But if you're not airsofting/clearing the streets, it's probably a ghost or apparition of some sort.

If only I had some night vision goggles! Though they might not pick it up whatever it is. I've always wanted a pair but they're so pricey.

Mostly when you see things, your mind quickly comes up with the best explanation and sticks with it... even as you try other explanations. If it's happened before, and it's very smooth, there's a good chance it's something of the neighbor's doing. He could be using a machine or something, that would account for the fact that its movement is consistent, and since it's dark he could be putting a light close to it. That would cause the shadow to stretch farther, and also make it seem large.

If only I had some night vision goggles! Though they might not pick it up whatever it is. I've always wanted a pair but they're so pricey.

You can get cheap Gen1 stuff for around 200$, but if you're as poor as I am, you probably wouldn't bother.

Anything above Gen1 and it starts to get way too expensive for something you'll use only a few times.

Thermal goggles are reserved for the Armed Forces and others with hard-to-get licenses I believe..

Either that or they just cost way too much.

Yeah, they're so damn expensive you have to call to ask how much.

USCAV does a similar thing for some of their items.

My link I was just searching about something i recently heard about called black eyed people and looked at this article. Anyway, thats not the reason i posted this link. The part at the end of the article is. The part about shadow people. It just reminded me of this so i decided to post it

almost every night from around 3am to 4am is when it is easier to get in contact and see or hear certain things like ghosts etc, especially around 3am on Allhallows eve because according to some people, it is when the boundaries between our world and others are closer for some reason. Just thought I'd share that with you.

freaky how its 2:07am and I'm already thinking of that...

almost every night from around 3am to 4am is when it is easier to get in contact and see or hear certain things like ghosts etc, especially around 3am on Allhallows eve because according to some people, it is when the boundaries between our world and others are closer for some reason. Just thought I'd share that with you.

freaky how its 2:07am and I'm already thinking of that...

You mentioning that reminded me about what people say about the hour between 3am and 4am, some call it "The Hour of the Dead", I'm not sure if it's true or not, but I can honestly say that I've experienced some weird things during that hour in the past and a few times not too long ago. Thanks for sharing that though and refreshing my mind.

I've never heard of that before but when I look outside at night into the street I always half expect to see something again.

I know how you feel, difference is, is I'm sometimes scared to walk around in my own house, because going up the stairs is pitch black and I always feel a heaviness behind me, as if there is someone.. or something, following me.. Usually it's between those hours, to be honest, I'm not 100% sure on if the hour of the dead is true or not, forgot where I heard it, but it stuck with me. I don't know if I'm just overly paranoid, or if it's because of my lack of sleep sometimes, because I don't feel it all the time, it's really weird to explain. It may be because of my first paranormal experience, which I think I'm going to post in the other topic right now.