Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
ipressthebuttons

And finally the internet will fall.

28 posts in this topic

Though not entirely Obama's fault... the fact that he is indeed aware of the internet may be an issue. Privacy issues on the internet will also come up with Windows 7, which reveals your exact location to web sites on the internet.

We're entering a new age. This new frontier that is the internet will soon have law... for better or for worse.

The internet holds a lot of sway over things that happen in real life. If any major laws or regulations were to be placed on it, it's going to be met with severe opposition. Thus the governments never really wanted to act on it. Its an overwhelmingly large can of worms to open if they did want to start throwing around laws and regulations. So they rather do things like look the other way and or play dumb about it. The internet isn't a person place or thing its an entity. Its the entire planet earth connected together. Its relied on as a integral part of over a billion peoples daily lives. Its not going to fall that easy.

The internet holds a lot of sway over things that happen in real life. If any major laws or regulations were to be placed on it, it's going to be met with severe opposition. Thus the governments never really wanted to act on it. Its an overwhelmingly large can of worms to open if they did want to start throwing around laws and regulations. So they rather do things like look the other way and or play dumb about it. The internet isn't a person place or thing its an entity. Its the entire planet earth connected together. Its relied on as a integral part of over a billion peoples daily lives. Its not going to fall that easy.

While this is very true, that doesn't mean it will remain true forever. All we need are a few naive leaders... such as Obama... to be in power, and people will start doing their best to limit the usage of the internet. The first thing would be to give more power to organizations that protect copyright and such, but eventually it's going to get to the point where you will no longer be anonymous on the internet, and there WILL be people watching.

Yeah, all we need now are internet police.

Say something they don't like, and they know where you are..

There already are "internet police," and I think they are a section of the CIA actually. But they only target people that make terrorist threats over the internet, or try to hack into bank security systems, etcetera.

Yeah, but I mean like... People just patrolling around the internet, looking for thigns people have done illegally. Then it's as simple as finding where that person is, and informing local authorities to their actions.

With Obama being the new president it has nothing to do with the privacy issues coming forth from Microsoft or any other affiliates of the internet(The world). Technically it falls under the Patriot Act( Hitler's Enabling Act ) of the Bush administration.

Nah, you just have to worry about Obama's "Civilian Paramilitary Defense Force" or whatever it will be called. Supposedly, it will be as big and as well-funded as the military.

Why don't we just fund the military then?

I will have to look that up, I don't recall that exact speech, but thanks for the info. But isn't that kind of like the gov't funding for Black Water? As having a privatized army outside our army could be unusually dangerous. Especially with all the funding they recieve. We basically employ mercenaries to do work we don't want to have on the countries hands. My sister dated one and he was sent to the Congo to train Guerilla Fighters to help combat the corrupt gov't of Africa. But training the people that attack our military when they around, is kind of pointless yeah? Kind of like handing out guns to Al-Qaeda back when Russia invaded Iraq(I believe i got that reference right). RIDICULOUS! All of it is just ridiculous...