Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
ryanmarks

Black Silhouette

6 posts in this topic

Alright, I was out the other night walking the dog around the block. To my left there is this really fantastic river that spans for miles and and is about a 100 yards wide. On the other side there's this plain with very little trees. So I was listening to my mp3 player when my dog suddenly started to yank on the leash at first I had no idea what it was up to, but I didn't really bother with it and tugged it back to my feet. It was only when I looked up, and across the river did I see something weird. There was this single figure standing on the direct opposite of the river completely black. Actually it was more of a black silhouette then anything else. The plain was barely lit from the moon.

The scary thing is that it just stood there looking at me, and what bothered me on a gut level was the lack of limbs. It didn't appear to have any arms... Now I was very far away and I know that it could of very easily held its arms close to its side and sort of made it appear like it didn't have any arms...

I must have looked at it for a good 5 minutes when I decided to investigate it more. I walked to the river's bank and tied my dog to a tree. I went as far as I could without going into the water. Now I live in a very small town, where everyone knows everyone. So, by social instinct I called out: "Hey, there what are you up to!?" The figure didn't reply to me it just stood there almost mocking me in a very sinister fashion. So I took my two cents worth of courage and directed my shouts towards it on more time: " Hey there! need some help? If you need a boat to cross the river I can get ours." Still the figure didn't even move. So I turned around and walked back to my dog, untied him and started to walk back up the bank towards the old dirt road. Then all of a sudden I got this very particular sensation in my head. Now I know this might seem completely absurd, but I am telling you the truth. It felt very good, like the sensation you get during and about 3 seconds after an orgasm, and at that very moment I felt a very high state of euphoria and pleasure. Now at first I thought I was having some uncontrollable response... but I was able to think in this state. I turned around noticed the figure hadn't moved a bit. However my eyes felt more sensitive, even though I know they weren't I just felt that they were more sensitive. So I strained my eyes to adjust, to continue to fool myself in to this false delusion I was in. I then saw something that I will never forget...

On the other side of the river, the figure, the black lonely silhouette, was me... know it didn't look like me at all! It had no features what so ever the face was a blank as a retail store manikin, but for some odd reason I just felt that the being on the other side of the river looking at me was me...

Know I took this with a pinch of salt and swallowed my suspicion. I pulled on my dogs leash and walked back to the dirt road. I shook my head vigorously and turned my mp3 player back on. I imagine it had turned off automatically since it was idle for a few minutes. When I had arrived back to my place I took the dog in and closed the door behind me. Then I went upstairs to my room and took out a pair of marine binoculars and a 1 million candle power flash light.

I sprinted as quickly as I could back to the river's bank where I had my particular sensation and beamed the light on the other side of the river. At first I couldn't see the figure. Perhaps it had moved from its original location. Then something very unsettling hit me. I glanced at a tree further down the bank and noticed teeth marks all along it's trunk like if something had gnawed away at it viciously... Then it hit me like a bolt of lighting... My dog had been coughing when I was experiencing my altered state of mind. It had chewed on a tree's trunk... So I rushed to the three and examined it closer. The teeth pattern was consistent with a canine's mouth. The narrow jaw of my dog was a perfect and undeniable match. Then without any warning what so every I heard an ear piercing noise. I dropped my flash light on the floor and the stupid thing turned off. I scrambled to regain my ground, yet the sheer pitch of the sound was just unbearable. I collapsed to the floor and I assume I passed out.

When I opened my eyes I was on the ground still. My mouth was filled with dirt and loose strands of grass. My sight was cloudy and my head was spinning. After a couple of fruitless attempts to regain my feet I got up however stumbled a lot. I glanced around trying to get my bearings straight as to where I was. Fear struck me as hard and fast as a 30-06 hollow point bullet. I was on the other side of the river.. But how is this possible? I quickly and without any hesitation checked my clothes for any sign of moisture to see if I had swam across the river while I was unconscious. Yet I was as dry as a grandmother's womb...

What do you guys think happened?

I'm full of contradictions... I'm atheist but I believe in spirits, which further goes against my inclination to believe only what is provable. However, through personal experience and research I honestly believe in paranormal activities. To my knowledge, you MAY possibly have experienced, for lack of a better word, a possession. I hate calling them that, 'cause there's so many stereotypes associated with it, but there's my theory.

Wow, I can't believe I missed this until now! Its very well written, almost a little too well like they copied it from some horror story. If this is true then that is pretty god damned frightening. scared.gif

hav u experienced ny other paranormal activities?

As I've posted in one of the other topics, yes but I'm holding off on those 'til I feel like making a topic for them.