Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

ryanmarks

Bullet In The Wall - Part One

17 posts in this topic

My family and I had gone up to my Uncle's house for my cousin's 12th birthday. I have three cousins 16, 14, and 12 all two years apart and that played a heavy toll on my aunties personality. Since then she has been very conservative about herself and shallow. Nothing seems to upset her, very empathic person if you ask me. Anyways my father pulled the car up in to the driveway and we all got out only to be greeted by Sparky the 5 year old Golden Retriever. We unpacked the car and brought in the cake and gifts. My mother makes the best triple chocolate cake in the world; go ahead ask around.

After several minutes of greeting everyone in the the entrance I made my way downstairs to my cousin Steve's room. Steve is the eldest of the three trouble makers and has a very interesting taste in everything paranormal. Every time we saw each other he would always boast of a new local phenomenon that recently took place. Usually this was just plain stupidity and sometimes I wondered if he was into this more for the rush then for the actual investigation parts. Anyways this time it wasn't any different as soon as I had opened his door he pounced on me my like a wild panther spouting incoherent gibberish. I told him to slow down and take a breath, which he did. He had a very perky face and a skater type haircut that didn't really fit him all that well.

I managed to slow him down and only then was I able to comprehend what he was rambling on about. " Ryan, you won't believe what I stumbled upon when I went for a walk the other day" I gave him a skeptic look, but I didn't stop him I never do. " It truly is incredible... There's a huge field a few miles from my place with this abandoned house". My eyebrows went up now it's getting interesting. "I didn't have time to go in, but we are definitely going this evening".

Someone called us from upstairs I can't remember who, but that is irrelevant. We both made our way upstairs and traversed the hallway to the dinning room. Everyone was there but I won't go into details since this occurrence isn't about them but about the abandoned house in the vast field. We sat down at the table and chowed down, my grandmother had made her ever famous meat pie and that vanished within seconds of hitting the table, like it always does. After dinner I looked at the clock 6:42 pm. I looked at my cousin, I was anxious to see this place since my cousin has never let me down in the past with this kind of stuff. My cousin wasn't looking at me and I should of guessed it, but rather he was looking at the triple layered triple fudge cake that was making it's way, or should I say, gravitating towards the table. Everyone was in a trance, an alter state of mind, of consciousness, mindless shells envying the toxic grasp the cake had on them. The aroma and the thick texture of the mousse made everyone drool including myself. It didn't take long before my brother and the birthday boy were fighting over who would have the last piece of this gluttonous monstrosity, yet in the end it was my cousin for obvious reasons, cliché isn't it? The clock read 7' o'clock right on the nose.

My cousin and I sat around for present time and we were now making our way towards the entrance to grab our coats since it is the month of November it tends to get very cold especially if we wander from the apparent warmth from the streetlamps. We left the house at 7:24. My cousin, oddly enough wasn't saying much as me made our way to the field. Boredom settled upon our hike and that made the cold November air even less forgiving. When we arrived at the field my cousin spoke for the first time since we left the house. He looked at me and pointed towards the endless horizon. The field was pitch black and only the silhouettes contrasted against the darkening pale blue sky. Stars slowly made their appearance on to the sky's canvas. Their particular placement left endless possibilities for the imagination to invite strange assortments. "Ryan the house is somewhere over that small patch of trees". I nodded but didn't say anything else. We set on and walked towards the house about what must of been ten minutes we arrived to the house. It was painted completely white back when it was built, but after many years of fighting against a formidable foe like mother nature it was banged up, just like a boxer after the sixth round.The windows had been broken outwards and it appeared to have to levels to it. Now the reason why I say "appeared" is that the floors don't seem to have much distance apart like a normal building would have. The house stood roughly 15 feet from the foundation to the roof's peak. Making me wonder how high the ceilings were inside. I turned around and looked out at the horizon. The shear beauty of the fading glow was breath taking. Then everything fell silent. The wind started to howl and I tried to twist my head so that the wind wasn't blowing in my ears. Nonetheless my efforts didn't pay off. The cold air seeped into my coat and bit my flesh with it's cruel fangs. I turned towards my cousin who was shivering at this moment and he nodded we both made our way into the house...

To be continued....

i wish you would like continue this cauz i wanna know what happens

Agreed. This is a very good story, and you write well ^^

It doesn't look like he's coming back anytime soon since his last post is dated last year. I could always send him an email I guess.

Well no luck emailing him. I used the address he has on file here and it says it no longer exists :indifferent:

I have no way of knowing when he last logged in but his last post was on December 10th 2008.

If you click a members name it displays a drop-down menu. Click on "Find Member's Posts" and look at when the last post was made.

If he had a more unique username I would google it to see where else its used and try to contact him using that method. People use the same username either all the time or at least many times. It just makes it that much easier to track someone down.

This is hilarious how he got everybody looped in, but I too am interested in how this ends, maybe the house came back and got him so that he would never finish the story.