Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
EON8

eon2.com

12 posts in this topic

A run through their system shows nothing but a blank page besides that image. So, I ran a whois search on it, and I found out that it is run by a Colin Cantwell. Google him, and it brings up an IMDB page. He apparently was a special effects/computer graphics/space-craft designer for the movies Wargames, Starwars IV, and 2001: A space odyssey.

Yahoo Movies, brings him up as also working in "Buck Rogers in the 25th Century"

Assuming it's the same person, Wikipedia says he also worked on an Imax film, Voyage to the Outer Planets. (Director...)

That's all I've found so far, theres nothing in the hex of his image either. Feel free to keep searching, but there's nothing there.

Opening the image in a hex editor shows it was made in Photoshop 7.

I always thought that page was just for some architectural software somebody never finished.

I found something else about this Colin Cantwell.

http://forum.sketchup.com/member.php?u=5058

Ive used google sketch up its a modeling program. That seems to fit perfectly a model of a building

and the part about architecture. There is also inrealtime3d.com, and confersketch.com that go to eon2.com

Research thanks to Beverage, Kremlin, EON8 & Lizard787

Cryptic as ever. I'm curious, what if it's not the same person? I'm curious about who else it might be, and it might be something to look into. I may well post the results of that here, if it comes up as anything.

Been there lately?

Just now, and I see its been updated. It appears if the information presented in the first post is pretty accurate.

I'm thinking eon2.com is going to be a personal website. The graphic and background look like the kinds of things that a graphics guy would slap together real quick as a placeholder.

No web designer involved, or there would be vertical centering. Guaranteed.

Came to the same conclusion.