Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Joshamuffin

The epic struggle I had getting my EeePC to work again.

3 posts in this topic

Here is my story.

I received my EeePC finally. I tarded about on it for awhile. Then, I must have stupidly deleted something I shouldn't have by accident. My system was gimpy for awhile. I finally decided to just install a new operating system. I tried using ubuntu's utility to make a flash drive. "Missing Operating System_". I tried to download Xandros for the Eee PC and used Universal Netboot Installer for it. Didn't work. I then tried Ubuntu with UNetbotIn. I got it installed. Wireless didn't work. I tarded about on it. I used UNetbootIn to install Kubuntu. Wireless didn't work and sound was selectively working. I tarded about. I found the kernel at array.org. I downloaded the lean kernel. Wireless worked. Sound still didn't work. I tarded about again. I then reluctantly reinstlled Ubuntu. I prefer KDE to Gnome. I reinstalled the kernel. Now everything works.

There is the synopsis. It is where I am now. I am now happy it finally works to full capacity.

Computers are a royal pain in the ass. I spent 11 hours this weekend reformatting a computer and loading everything back on.

On the plus side now if anybody here wants to install Linux on their EeePC they will know how to get the wireless and sound to work. :wink:

Computers are a royal pain in the ass. I spent 11 hours this weekend reformatting a computer and loading everything back on.

On the plus side now if anybody here wants to install Linux on their EeePC they will know how to get the wireless and sound to work. :wink:

Only Ubuntu derivatives though. I should still try out other distros on this old desktop computer I have. I've only used Eee PC standard Xandros, DSL, Ubuntu, Kubuntu, and Xubuntu. All Debian derivatives. I should try something that isn't Debian based. Or maybe I should try Debian itself.