Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Fridge

What kind of idiot...?

34 posts in this topic

I was walking through an old abandoned warehouse the other day, and I'm looking around, and I see this trailer. Something about it caught my attention.

On the side of this trailer, in bright orange spraypaint, someone wrote "www.eon8.com" with a little swirly thing underneath.

I wasn't aware of any active members in my area, but it freaked me right the hell out.

There was also some other shit sprayed in the same color, like "VR" and "Put that shit on a T-Shirt" and "Penis Factory" and "Congrattalations it's a n***er"

Who the hell did this?

If you are trying to get attention to Eon8.com...

YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG!

Well thats out of the ordinary. If I ever randomly stumbled across something like that it would surprise the hell out of me.

Unless it looked to be done recently it probably wasn't done by a member. It seems more logical that it would have been done during the countdown timer which was only around two years ago. But in any case I would love to see a picture!

I have an idea on uh, who it might be.

-An old member who lived in WA used to tag buildings with eon8

This happened in Marysville, WA!

The old Mill underneath the I-5 entrance to Marysville. There are a bunch of old warehouses there.

There was also apparently a robbery of fireworks from some storage containers there.

Another tag says "satan says dance" so you never really know the angle.

I think I may make a stencil that says "EON8" and a can a orange/black/white spraypaint and put a tag or two where people can see it... Eh, anything to get curious people to the site, right?

Thats a really good idea. I just searched google for free stencil making programs but couldn't find any. Lots of tutorials though.

Well, I was thinking of just making one myself out of cardboard or something... When I get back home, I'll make one and scout tagging locations.

Probably.

The only hard part will be finding really good places to tag. I've got some ideas though..

Any main street buildings are good, smaller tags for stop signs are great, if you can pull it off and don't live in a huge area where taggin is normal, try and tag something huge, like the side of a building and try to get the media's attention, but yeah basically anything where people go alot, or pass by all the time, and something in bright colors contrasted to the color of the wall always works nicely.

It might be a good idea to add .com as then it will surely peak peoples curiosity to come here. It might also be a bad idea as well for legal reasons. It can go either way. If you do decide to add .com we just have to hide this thread and pretend we know absolutely nothing.

Yeah, but also, they can't really pull any legal actions against the site simply for the fact that it could be some renegade individual. But hiding the thread may be a good idea, for the simple fact that it has now been planned... :thumbsup: . But either way, it's a good idea to get some attention to site and allow peoples curiosity to run-a-muck.

Well, I was thinking along the lines of abandoned places that people can still see, but no legal action could be taken. (Or a pursuit of legal action wouldn't be worth the time and effort.

Anybody remember the stickers idea?

Well we finally made enough for a year of hosting for the server thing. Now the incentive for clicking the ads can be to get stickers made.

Hell, that's fine with me.

I get my clicks in, and I'm rewarded Eon8 stickers? You've got yourself a deal. :)

I think I'll make a file of 6 cards that have our logo and "{eon8}" on it that you can print out and then cut into individual cards, and place them around. Uhh, how about the megaupload thing you've got, EON8? I think that could work.

I think I have stolen this idea from Neurocam, but it's all good..

If we come up with a little saying about 3-5 words long, I'll put that on the bottom of the card too.