Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
EON8

eon5.com

16 posts in this topic

In the forum I used to be in, we looked this picture up and down, inside and out to try and figure out what it was.

I asked a metallurgy forum what they thought it was, and they said it looked like the inside of a hollow aluminum extrusion (Definition)

If you brighten it up towards the back of the picture, you can see 4 blocks of some sort. Also, right above the four blocks, you can see an orangish color that the metal seems to be reflecting from something.

I've still yet to figure out why this picture is on the site, or what it is supposed to be. I do know that it's pretty weird, though.

After looking through the archive i saw this was interesting. The file name on the old eon5.com skin cream picture is eon2.gif. Could they be related? It just seems like seems like such a coincidence they had a couple of years to change the files name to 5 in fact.

Here is the original picture titled eon2 from eon5.com

eon2tl2.gif

eon5us3.jpg

So apparently eon5 was a seller of skin cream for black people! haha

So now we know what eon5 was in the past. I also found out that the domain name was sold to somebody else whos in no way associated with the old eon5 that sold skin care products. My guess is that the new owner of eon5 started to do something with the site but never finished. We've seen this exact scenario before many times. Anyways to me it still looks like some bricks slid down at the end of aluminum channels possibly during the manufacturing process.

More info: You just type in FTP:eon5.com it comes up with a page asking for a username and password why is that it doesn't happen for all sites.

Like if i did FTP:Google.com it doesn't load anything same with ftp:eon8.com

I thought it was just a coincidence. I tried admin/admin and administrator/administrator and i couldn't get in so it seems like it was on purpose?

Oddly enough eon2.com as an ftp too?

So today I was searching for eon5.com then came across a website with the domain info which was the same as what whois.ws. So there were icons next to it so I clicked it. Turns out there is more then 1 website on the server and then i ran across. eddiecumana.com . So that website redirects you to dynamixnyc.com .And under biographies there is Eddie Cumana. Also the Address of who registered the 2 domains is the same location. It seems to be some kind of dance school I think. Also in the interviews section it says Cumana. So if you add his first letter of his first name its E.Cumana. I sent him an email. I sent it to cumana212@yahoo.com I saw it in the whois. I haven't gotten a reply yet but if I do I will post it here.

I decided to google the name "Eddie Cumana" Which led me to i believe his myspace site!

( http://www.myspace.com/eddiecumana )

He lives in NYC which, if you ask me, goes together with "DynamixNYC.com"

A really important thing in this case.. i believe, is that the dynamixNYC.com site is related to House, Techno or something and Eddie Cumana is interested in that stuff.

I decided to take a look at his record company and on its site i searched for dynamix ( http://www.kult.com/ and just type it in at the search place ) I found some random girl artists represented by Dynamix.

I did also check on Dynamixses gallery from 2003-2004 live tour and there was a girl called Inda Matrix that also can be found on http://www.kult.com/html_site/files/inda_shows_gallery.html that's represented by Dynamix. so.. Dynamix(club) -> Kult.com(record company) -> Eddie Cumana (person/artist) -> Eon5 (website of the artist)

Anyhoo! my theory is that that Eddie Cumana made eon5.com to use it as his techno / house / electronica web site! Which probably never got finished. But that is just a theory i need someone else to look deeper into that the things i've said :)

The theory will only work if the things lizard say is correct and true ;)

Fast edit again. Eddie Cumuna: http://www.myspace.com/eddiecumana who is friends with DynamixNYC: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endID=107199442 who is friend with Inda matrix who can be found on Eddie Cumunas record site, on Myspace.

But the other stuff makes a lot of sense. It seems very logical that it was a site that he was going to make for himself or somebody else and only got as far as putting up that picture. I guess the thing to do would be to message him on his myspace about it.

The thing is though why won't he respond to emails inquiring about it? If its not some big secret then he shouldn't care. I've sent emails to three different accounts I thought were linked to the page and never got a reply. I'm sure he's had to of checked one of them.

Above information was a collaborative effort by: ItsTimeForCake, EON8, Lizard787 & Monkey

<3 eon5

I've tried to talk to him on MySpace without luck. He's on all the time, but he never responds.

It is mysterious but it would be better if there were more to it. It just seems like a site that somebody had plans for but haven't gotten around to creating yet for whatever reason. There are a couple other sites that we've investigated in which that turned out to be the case.

It is mysterious but it would be better if there were more to it. It just seems like a site that somebody had plans for but haven't gotten around to creating yet for whatever reason. There are a couple other sites that we've investigated in which that turned out to be the case.

Yeah we know... Thats what prompted this topic. The site hasn't changed in years.

Nobody knows what the picture is for sure but the site isn't much of a mystery in and of itself.

Has anyone tried saving the source in note pad as an HTML without the background to see if maybe there is a clickable link under the image?

I was sitting here bored so for the hell of it I went to eon1.com, eon2.com, etc... I was surprised to see that after all these years eon5.com has finally changed!! Its unexcitingly now some DJ music site. Whatever_anim.gif