Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

EON8

Eon8 myspace account.

28 posts in this topic

http://www.myspace.com/eon8

This is our myspace page. I just set it up. Wondering how I was able to get myspace.com/eon8? Well I contacted myspace and told them that the person who created it two years ago is infringing on my copyrights by using the name and images. I had to prove to them that I was the owner. Once they verified I was who I claimed to be they canceled the persons account and gave it to me. PBgrin.gif

How did you do that anyways? Like prove that you were the real dude? Did you have like documents and stuff?

Heres the email I got from them:

Hello,

In order to resolve this issue we need proof of business ownership. Please provide us with proof that you own the business in question, either by replying from your business domain email address or providing legal documentation of ownership (such as a business license, etc..), which can be emailed as an attachment to help@support.myspace.com or faxed to (310) 861-0731.  When sending proof of ownership please also include the MySpace web address/URL for the profile, state your claim that it was your business who originally creating the MySpace profile, or your claim that the profile in question is an imposter.  Please also be sure to include your return email address so we can contact you with any questions or concerns.

Once we receive proof of business ownership, along with the other required information, we can begin investigating this matter further to determine the rightful owner of the account. If you are contacting us because you have forgotten the email address or password to sign in, or if your MySpace account has been compromised, we will update your information after we have received all the required information listed above.  If you contacted us because you believe there is an imposter profile who is claiming to be your business, we will take the necessary action after we have researched the matter further.

If you have any further questions or if this does not fully address your question, please reply to this email and keep the subject line intact.

Thank you,

MySpace.com

Customer Care

So I sent to them from webmaster@eon8.com screen caps of my godaddy account in which the domain is registered through. Plus the other information they requested.

They accepted it because a day or two later they replied with this:

Hello,

Thank you for bringing this profile to our attention. The profile in question has already been or is scheduled to be removed. If you have any further questions or concerns, please reply to this email directly, keeping the subject line and footer information intact.

Thank you,

MySpace.com

Customer Care

It wasn't really what I wanted but beggars can't be choosers. I requested them to give me new log in information to the account because I wanted to keep the creation date not delete it altogether. I made up this big story about how I had a business associate create the myspace account for me because i'm not good with computers and shortly after they created it they disappeared and never gave me the log in info. I then went on to say I didn't bring it to the attention of myspace back then because I didn't need it so it wasn't a big deal but now i'd like to use it. The person did abandon it shortly after creation judging by the last log in date. So it was a pretty credible lie. :P But like I said they deleted it altogether instead of fulfilling my request.

I've done similar things like that a number of times online here in the past to get something. Back in the phone phreaking days it was known as social engineering.

Well the reason I made the account was mainly for advertising. I've spent quite a bit of time reading and trying different ways to draw traffic. The consensus is that youtube is one of the best ways to draw traffic to your site. So I thought I would make a video about the forum here, put it up and see what happened.

All it was going to be was the Eon8 logo with some special effects added in and a voice (mine possibly) telling people to come here. I pirated some voice changing software thats pretty cool that should do the trick. You know because it has to be scary. :P

But I dunno i'm kind of lazy about the whole idea. Since I don't know exactly what i'm doing youtube video wise I figure it would take me a long time to make one I liked. Then how much traffic would we really get from it? Probably just get people making fun of us. Well if that were the case I would simply turn off comments. ;)

Today was a myspace milestone! It was the day in which we reached over a thousand friends!

Thanks goes out to all those people who accepted my friend requests for no reason.

Cool. 50% don't know what E8 is. 25% don't feel like getting an account, 20% get an account and never post but once or twice, 5% register and are active.

And I base this off of absolutely nothing.