Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
TheGoogle

FUCK.

21 posts in this topic

All I hear about is those things breaking/overheating. How much truth is there to that? The red ring of death makes me think a lot.  :P

It depends, during the winter and spring mine was fine, and in early June it got the red ring. I got it repaired and now its fine (as far as overheating goes) for the rest of its lifetime (initially the wrong soldering material was used which broke with excessive use, in other words if you're a gamer it'll break). But once the soldering is fixed, it generally fares much much better.

This time I'm not sure how, but the disk drive won't read disks, its not the red ring, but this time I went through customer support hell (as I'm sure you've had to deal with before being in the computer business). I was waiting for an email with the prepaid mailing label (its still under warranty, a mixed blessing, because I don't have to pay, but I can't mess about with it in my basement either without voiding it...) and I had to have them make 4 separate repair orders because the emails wouldn't go through because my address was wrong. It wasn't wrong, their system turns out to have been updated to be more anal (my address HAD to be STATE ROUTE instead of just ROUTE). Funny thing is that I checked the label on my first repair box (from the red ring time) and it only had ROUTE... So anyway, the day after I told their customer service rep over the phone that I wouldn't recommend the Xbox 360 over my experience in the last month, giving the support service a 2/9, I get a phone call from them and they make a new order and what do you know it works this time.

Overall I learned how to play Tetris better (its an arcade game so I got it so I could play another game not in the disk drive), and learned to understand Indian accents better (for obvious reasons).

So 2-3 weeks and I'll have it back again, just in time for me to have school, and thus no time to play it. Woohoo.

No I mean I checked my repair status and they registered a new Xbox to my account (different serial number) so I knew they gave me a new one, I'm still waiting for it to arrive, still my second repair

lol, the same thing happened to my ps3, i just had to return it (thank god i bought the extended warranty at best buy) and, i just got a new one

Thats why I bought a PS3.......=]

ps3phails.jpg

Lol That's a big ass picture!

I think i play the PS3 and Xbox maybe once a year!! I am on my computer most of the time and rarely play video game consoles.

:P

I think in terms of reliablility and exclusives, PS3 is the way to go. But if you want a cheapo gaming console with graphics comparable to the PS3, go buy a 360. (Cheapskate..)

I think in terms of reliablility and exclusives, PS3 is the way to go. But if you want a cheapo gaming console with graphics comparable to the PS3, go buy a 360. (Cheapskate..)

notice the word "comparable"

Yeah, by comparable, I mean some multi-console games look better on certain consoles. I hear Fallout 3 looks better on 360 than on PS3. But, whatever.

Thats why I bought a PS3.......=]

ps3phails.jpg

i would like to inform you that the picture you used was, indeed, derogatory towards the PS3

in case you hadnt noticed the comparison to coal?

i would like to inform you that the picture you used was, indeed, derogatory towards the PS3

in case you hadnt noticed the comparison to coal?

Either the person meant it in an ironic fashion, or they really just didn't pick up on that.

Some people are extremely oblivious to obvious things, I've noticed.