Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
eNzo

Custom Computers

13 posts in this topic

well, I dont know whether this topic should be in Hardware or Gaming but that aside, Post your rigs up, discuss whatever needs to be discussed  ;D.

So here's mine ::

Raidmax Sagitta 2 (Black)

nForce 780i SLI 775 Mobo

Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Conroe 2.66GHz

(2x) EVGA 8800GTS 320mb SLI

And im getting the inside frame from the case powdercoated black also to give it that eligant touch.

I also added 1 Blue led and 2 green sounded-reactive leds

This is the right place. :) Back on the old board we had a a good thread going about this topic.

Believe it or not my computers like six or seven years old. I'm still running on a 1.5GHz Athlon processor. :D But to make up for that it has a Raptor hard drive and 2 gigs of memory.

My computers getting tired and needs to be retired asap. It should have been retired like two years ago. The problem is money as in I never have any extra to build myself a new one. I don't see in the near future having any either. So what I was thinking about doing is just buying something like an old Dell XPS and upgrading it a bit to use as my main computer. It would cost in the area of $350 and be comparable spec wise to yours.

This is the most cost effective way in which I can get a "new" computer. Although if I did do that it would feel weird to me. The reason being is it would be the first main computer i've ever had that I didn't build from scratch.

i built myself a pc once, it was mondo overclocked because it had TWO pentium 4's in it

well, the hard part about buildin your own is, sure, once you finish a decent-priced computer, by within the next few months or years u'll find yourself upgrading the graphics card or the sound card and its very fustrating spending so much money when you know 2-3 years from then, your computer (pc) would be considered rape toward any computers built at that present time........if you know what i mean? :-

Thats another reason why I haven't even attempted to save any kind of money to build myself a new one. The main thing I use a computer for is internet and music. A ten year old computer can do that. So I figure why go nuts unloading money on one when cheapies suite my needs me just fine. ;D

E X A C T L Y . . . . . But i can understand maybe after 4 or 5 years, theeeeeeeeennnnnn......purchasing a graphics card of that present time would sound reasonable....

Oh yes definitely. For example in the seven years i've had this computer I think i've upgraded the video card two or three times. The only parts that are still original are the power supply, hard drive and motherboard. Everything else has been changed at one point or another. Either due to upgrading or because of failure.  :)

Oh yes definitely. For example in the seven years i've had this computer I think i've upgraded the video card two or three times. The only parts that are still original are the power supply, hard drive and motherboard. Everything else has been changed at one point or another. Either due to upgrading or because of failure.  :)

yea, i have an optoplez from 2001 i think, only thing ive done to it was GAVE it a graphics card, and replaced the peice of shit stock fan with a blue led fan (for the LAN parties) which didnt cost anything so....

Holy shit, and thats putting it mildly!  :o

I'm going to check that site out later when I have more time. *bookmarked*