Welcome to E8 :: [eon8]

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll also be able to use the shoutbox, customize your profile, change themes, gain reputation points for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private messenger, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Panda

Ica Stones

17 posts in this topic

Some of this stuff thats uncovered is crazy. I have one theory on the subject and it involves aliens. Maybe aliens visited earth a lot and possibly even stayed here and were the ones who gave these ancient civilizations the technology and acted as teachers.

I too, have a theory...

We've had a nuclear war thousands of years ago. And a few humans actually survived but most or all technology was gone and it was up to them to recreate the world. But by the time the radiation settled and life returned, it had been so long, and a lot of knowledge was lost. Only through trial and error did man learn to survive. The reason there would be different races is because of 1. Where they lived, and 2. what radiation could possibly have done to them, and 3. There were different groups of survivors that evolved and had their own adaptations. It's waaay out there, but possible.

So your saying that thousands of years ago we were evolved to the point where we had the technology for nuclear weapons? Had a huge nuclear war and the human race had to start all over again?

That doesn't sound that impossible of a concept. The only thing is if we had that big of a nuclear war we would of had to found some traces of it by now I would imagine.

And then comes the concept of Atlantis? Or some society gathering up all former materials used for nuclear weapons/cities/tools/stuff and recycling them. And even then, tribes could have broke the components down and used them for tools or something... I mean, you're out hunting or something one day, and you come across rocket fins.. Well hey, that looks pretty cool, and it's already flattened out.. All you have to do it break a piece off, wear it down with a stone or something, and you've got a steel spearhead or something.

I see what you're saying. I guess its very possible. A lot of different theories are very possible. I hope its all figured out in my life time. Maybe theres a huge piece to the puzzle waiting that hasn't been discovered yet in which will tie it all together.

I don't have any doubts about the human race having found a way to completely annihilate itself in the past, but if it was via nuclear weapons there would be very doable ways of detecting the side effects. However, it could just as easily be another terrible weapon of destruction we have not developed in our time yet.

I don't have any doubts about the human race having found a way to completely annihilate itself in the past, but if it was via nuclear weapons there would be very doable ways of detecting the side effects. However, it could just as easily be another terrible weapon of destruction we have not developed in our time yet.

That theory does make sense, but as eon8 was saying, we wouldv'e dectected large amounts of radiation by now,

Yeah, I suppose... If some serious reasearch was put into this, I'm sure we could get a Mythbusters verdict of something like Busted, Plausible, Possible... Whatever. Just a theory.

Interesting, but not exactly related...

I think I heard about this from somewhere... I can't remember right now though.

If there are extraearth life forms that have interstellar transport right now, it wouldn't be surprising that some of them come here. Maybe even settle here at some point.

The probability that Earth is the first planet to bear life in the infinite abyss of the universe is X to one against. X is a really really big number based on the amount of matter in the universe.

If so, that's either an improbable stroke of luck on my part or really unfortunate.

Lucky: WOOHOO! Humans have a chance to be revered as the first technological life form.

Unfortunate: Dammit, now I have to do all of this shit myself.

The probability that we have gone through a dark age and are still recovering is alot more probable than that. Almost infinitely more probable.

I actually had a friend who's dad worked at a Military contractor, and what he was working on was portable lasers. They had a prototype that could actually cut through wood doors, it was hand held too. Mind you that was some time ago.

I too, have a theory...

We've had a nuclear war thousands of years ago. And a few humans actually survived but most or all technology was gone and it was up to them to recreate the world. But by the time the radiation settled and life returned, it had been so long, and a lot of knowledge was lost. Only through trial and error did man learn to survive. The reason there would be different races is because of 1. Where they lived, and 2. what radiation could possibly have done to them, and 3. There were different groups of survivors that evolved and had their own adaptations. It's waaay out there, but possible.

I agree it's far out there, but I like it. Entirely possible.